Forza Horizon 4 & 5– How to Fix The Crashing Nvidia Cards in Windows
Forza Horizon 4 is an upcoming racing video game for the Xbox One and PC, developed by Playground Games and published by Microsoft. The game is set in Britain and Ireland and features a variety of high-performance cars from the Forza Motorsport series.
How to Fix The Crashing Nvidia Cards in Windows:
Seems like u/Conradson spent ten hours trying to figure out a solution. At least for NVIDIA users. Their process is as follows:
- don’t use GameMode
- need to use GE-Proton7-24 for some apparent reason
- Before the first run with GE-Proton7-24, remove the Proton prefix
steamapps/compatdata/1293830if it exists (in your Steam install folder)
- Before the first run with GE-Proton7-24, disable Shader Pre-Caching, then re-enable it to generate a new cache (in Steam > Settings > Shader Pre-Caching)
- In-game, disable MSAA in the video settings, you can set the other settings as you like
How to fix Forza Horizon 5 crashing at launch?
The first step is to check the recommended system requirements of Forza Horizon 5 to ensure the game has no problems with your PC configuration. I
- Update GPU driver
- Run the game as an Administrator
- Disable Game Mode
- Turn Off Windows Firewall
- Stop overclocking
- Uninstall third-party AV software
- Close unnecessary background app
- Reset the Network
Why Forza Horizon 4 crashes on Windows:
Here I talk about all Causes of Forza Horizon 4 crashes on Windows 10 & windows 11. There are several reasons why Forza Horizon 4 might crash, including:
- Outdated drivers: If your graphics card or other hardware drivers are outdated, it can cause the game to crash. Make sure to update your drivers regularly.
- Overheating: Overheating can cause your computer to shut down or crash. Make sure your computer is well-ventilated and not running too hot.
- Game settings: If your graphics settings are too high, it can put a strain on your computer and cause the game to crash. Try lowering the settings to see if it helps.
- Corrupted game files: Sometimes, game files can become corrupted, which can cause crashes. Verify the integrity of the game files through the game launcher to ensure they are not corrupted.
- Other software: Other software running on your computer can interfere with the game and cause it to crash. Try closing any unnecessary programs before launching the game.
- System requirements: Your computer may not meet the minimum system requirements for the game. Check the system requirements and make sure your computer meets them. Some cases of Forza Horizon crashes are attributed to bad hardware. Old or defective graphics card is a common problem but so are other components like RAM, CPU, or hard drive.
- Random game bug: If the game has crashed once or twice but then started working normally again, it may not be a sign of something serious. Just Update the game and the rest of your software to lessen the chances of bugs.
Set in the fictional British Isles, the game features open-world racing across a variety of locales, including rural and coastal villages, mountain roads, and seaside towns. Players can choose from a variety of cars and trucks to race, including sports cars, muscle cars, exotic supercars, and more.
Forza Horizon 4 minimum system requirements:
- OS: Xbox One, Windows 10 version 15063.0 or higher
- Architecture: x64
- DirectX: DirectX 12 API, Hardware Feature Level 11
- Memory: 8 GB
- Video Memory: 2 GB
- Processor: Intel i3-4170 @ 3.7Ghz OR Intel i5 750 @ 2.67Ghz
- Graphics: NVidia 650TI OR AMD R7 250x
You can try to fix Forza Horizon 4 crashing issue:
- Update your graphics card driver: Outdated graphics card driver is one of the common reasons for game crashes. Update your graphics card driver to the latest version from the manufacturer’s website.
- Lower graphics settings: Try lowering the graphics settings of the game to see if it helps. High graphics settings can put a strain on your system resources and cause the game to crash.
- Verify game files: Game files can become corrupted or missing, which can cause the game to crash. Verify the game files in the game launcher to ensure they are not corrupted.
- Turn off overclocking: If you have overclocked your GPU or CPU, try turning it off as overclocking can sometimes cause the game to crash.
- Check your system requirements: Ensure your computer meets the minimum system requirements to run the game smoothly.
- Close unnecessary programs: Other software running on your computer can interfere with the game and cause it to crash. Try closing any unnecessary programs before launching the game.
- Disable antivirus: Sometimes, antivirus software can interfere with the game and cause it to crash. Temporarily disable your antivirus software and see if it helps.
If none of the above solutions work, you may need to contact the game’s technical support team for further assistance.